E-Learning 26th November 2019
Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) is a powerful query language introduced with .Net 3.5 & Visual Studio 2008. LINQ can be used with C# or Visual Basic to query different data sources. LINQ tutorials help you to learn the topics that go from the basics to advanced you can also read linq interview question and answer.
The tutorials are broken down into topics that help you to understand a topic clearly first and then the gradually move on to the much difficult features sequentially. LINQ tutorials are packed with a lot of information, real-life examples, notes and pointers and tips and tactics. They are designed for beginners and professionals who want to learn LINQ step-by-step. The LINQ test mostly includes questions related to LINQ syntax, queries, operators, etc.
PREREQUISITES: Basic knowledge of .Net Framework3.5/4.5, C#, Visual Studio is a must.
- LINQ is simpler, tidier, and higher-level than SQL (structured query language). When it comes to querying databases, LINQ has more productive querying language than SQL in most cases.
- LINQ is written in code and moreover, it is full type checking at compile time so even if a spelling goes wrong, it’ll be corrected using LINQ at the compile time itself.
- We can avoid silly errors and mistakes as it has full-time intelligence
- It allows us to filter, sort, organize, group with much less effort.
- It also allows debugging through a .NET debugger.
METHODS TO WRITE LINQ:
1.Query Expression (Query Syntax)
2.Method Invocation (Method Syntax)
ADVANTAGES OF LINQ:
- LINQ expressions are Strongly-Typed.
- It reduces the difference between relational and object-oriented approaches.
- The declarative approach makes queries easier to understand and more compact.
- Language features introduced primarily for LINQ are widely applicable elsewhere.
LINQ to SQL etc. are applicable where they are appropriate, but they are harder to understand and need more expertise. They are also only applicable in certain areas of your code.
Originally published at https://www.aileensoul.com.